2 January 2014

new years resolutions




I can't say that 2013 has been a great year for me. It's not been bad but it hasn't been an incredible year. If we're looking positively at some things then it's not all bad; I got a 2:1 at the end of my first year of University, I got my first proper job last summer and generally just did quite a few fun things.

Now, I'm not normally one for all the new year's cliches and cheesy meaningless phrases but I thought this year I'd take an actual stab at some new years resolutions rather than being my usual cynical self.


Here are my aims for 2014...

001. Although I did get a 2:1 in my degree last year, I did barely any work, no extra readings, nothing. Just simply learning lectures parrot fashion. Clearly it worked for me but if I work harder there's a chance I may actually be able to achieve better. I've already found this semester pretty difficult so if I don't start making any effort, it may all go downhill.

002. To pursue a career in journalism, work experience is ESSENTIAL. I don't necessarily want to go down the journalism route; however, it would be extremely useful if I did get work experience for whatever I want to do. Doing this would also be an 'experience' as the title says, so this is something that I'd also like to achieve in 2014. 

003. I say this to myself everyday but I always find myself just reaching for another packet of crisps, subtly boiling an extra bit of pasta for myself or sprinkling that extra bit of cheese. This needs to stop. Eating healthier and dieting will make me feel a lot better about myself and will save the earache of the people I'm complaining to about my weight.

004. Laziness is one of my major downfalls. It prevents me from doing anything. If I stop being lazy, I will actually get off my ass and do stuff. It could be anything from seeing a friend who lives only a twenty minute walk away to visiting somewhere I've never been before and experiencing something different.

005. Already I'm enjoying working and writing on this blog. I enjoy putting down the thoughts and knowledge of things that I am enthusiastic and know the most about, as well as sharing it with anyone who wants to read my blog.

006. I recently bought a Canon 600d for blogging purposes but it seems like a waste to spend so much money on solely one thing. I want to get better camera knowledge and possibly create some videos, short films or even photograph some bands.

Hopefully 2014 will be a good year and I will follow through with what I want to achieve.


What are your new years resolutions? 
love,

1 comment:

  1. Love these resolutions! I have faith in you dear! :) xx

    ReplyDelete