27 January 2014

a weekend in london





 After over a month of revising for my exams, I decided to take a celebatory end of exams trip to London for the weekend to do a bit of shopping, sight-seeing and visiting one of my best friends in Watford.

We began with having some dim sum for lunch in Chinatown which was amazing. I also treated myself to egg waffles which is my favourite street snack whenever I go to Hong Kong. Admittedly, though, it wasn't as nice as previous times I've had it. Afterwards, we quickly went to Chelsea so I could go into Brandy Melville and I absolutely fell in love with the store and everything in it. Unfortunately, the majority of it is quite out of my price range but I treated myself to the Caroline cardigan. I LOVE it.


I've been to London many times but I'd never been sight-seeing before so it was a nice change from my standard trips to London. I saw the Big Ben, tower of London, the National Gallery, Nelson's Column and a few other things. An obligatory visit to Oxford Street was also on the cards and for the first time I tried Topshop's fat free frozen yoghurt - it was delicious!

The next day, I went to Watford to visit my friend Frankie and we went to Pizza Express which was my first time there. I ordered the Pollo Pesto which was so nice and the Chocolate Glory for dessert. We also took a quick trip into Intu Watford where I also, for the first time, bought a pretzel from Auntie Annes. It was the cinnamon sugar flavour and it was incredible.
We took the Megabus Gold bus to London which was so much nicer than a National Express and standard Megabus - the complimentary drinks and muffins contributed greatly to the high rating that I give it and we stayed in the London Aldgate East Travelodge. It was a faultless stay and the service was perfect.

Here are a selection of the photos I took. I didn't take my DSLR in case the rain damaged it but the ones I took on my iPhone, after a bit of editing, turned out quite nice.



I'll be starting the second semester of uni again tomorrow and I'm weirdly excited. Cliche, yes, but I'm going to (attempt) to try even harder this semester and prove to myself that I really am capable.
Hope you all had a great weekend.

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment