22 July 2014

Florence, Italy.

 
 







As I've previously mentioned, I went to Florence in Italy about three weeks ago for a holiday with my best friend. Being a huge fan of pizza, pasta and ice-cream, I could not wait for to go to Italy and it definitely did not disappoint. 

It's true what they say. That you can't get lost in Florence. The small, quaint italian streets might look alike but the layout and the spread of standout landmarks are so evenly distributed that you're bound to find and recognise where you are on a map of Florence. 

While our hotel was slightly out of the way, it was an easy enough fifteen/twenty minute walk into central Florence. The hotel itself had a lot of character and history and excellent wi-fi service which is always a plus.

Apart from the Piazza Ciompi flea market, I think that we pretty much covered everything. My personal highlights were the Boboli Gardens, the view from the Piazzale Michelangelo and the outside of the Florence Dome. Seeing Florence from such a variety of heights and angles filled us with breath taking moments. This included the view from (climbing up many, many, MANY flights of stairs of) the Bell Tower situated right next to the Dome. 


Obviously the food of Italy can't be forgotten. Their pasta was always naturally cooked perfectly; al dente, full of flavour and very filling. Eating the pizza there was almost like having a different meal to standard British pizza and not forgetting the gelato, which I have to admit, I probably didn't eat enough of!

Here are just a small selection of some of the pictures that I took. I adored my time here and can't wait to hopefully visit again next year.

Have you ever been to Italy before? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment