15 February 2014

the gym on a budget








One of my new years resolutions for 2014 was to become less lazy. I feel like I've slightly improved on my 2013 laziness and under the title of not becoming lazy was to also join the gym. I have recently sold my soul to the devil and done this, despite it no longer being the new year.  

After recently paying some agency fees for a house for third year, my bank account is looking slightly empty, meaning that I've not been able to splurge for any fancy gym gear and instead resorted to the classic Primark sportswear. To be honest, I probably wasn't going to get anything other than this to wear to the gym, especially as I am the most amateur of amateurs at exercising. 

I purchased two pairs of standard leggings, a capri style pair and a leg sized pair, both priced at £3 each as well as two stretch t-shirts bought in a size 14 for an airy loose fit style, £2 each. Running socks were a necessity for breathability for my feet and the set I got were slightly larger than ankle socks, so that the slipping of the socks were minimal whilst exercising. The trainers I have are the closest thing to appropriate running material. I've had the shoes for as long as I have been size six feet. let's hope they last me as long as they have done.


I start on Monday and having taken a brief glance at the people, I'm quite terrified of looking like the most conspicuously unfit person there. 

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment