18 February 2014

mini haul - the ragged priest


 
 


I was recently recommended The Ragged Priest by my housemate, Alice, and as a self-confessed clothes fanatic and shopaholic, it was only natural that I had a look at the site. Initially, I wasn't sure that I'd have any luck finding anything as I can't say that the home page does their selection of clothes much justice but seeing as Alice was able to find such a nice jumper, I persisted and had a browse. 

The women's selection is limited, not particularly in favour of my taste, as well as being out of my 'poor student' price range. The sale selection, however, was completely different. Most of the items in the sale selection have been dropped by a significant amount, the majority over 50%. There are a larger selection of items and in my opinion, they are a lot nicer than the clothes in the standard womens section.

I purchased a pair of the Arlo Denim Shorts in burgundy which I originally bought in a 28" waist, not realising that they consider this a size 8. They were an extremely tight squeeze and eventually I returned the pair and exchanged for a 30" which are a size 10. The shorts are short, but not too short and are pretty comfortable. I particularly like the white stitching detail and the tears, giving it a slightly more edgy look. 

I also bought the Drench Aran Knit jumper in Teal which is a cosy dip-dye style knitted jumper. The two colours of the jumper compliment each other well and though the jumper is oversized, it doesn't look ridiculous, which tends to be the case for me and oversized items of clothing.

Altogether I spent only £35 on what should've been £110 worth of clothing and on top of this, first class postage was free. More than I bargain, I would say.

visit the website here.

Have you ever bought anything from The Ragged Priest before? What did you think?


love,

No comments:

Post a Comment