2 June 2014

May Music Favourites



This month's music favourites is quite a short playlist. I haven't really discovered anything particularly new or fallen in love with anything that I hadn't already put into April's favourites. Hopefully June will be more exciting for music, especially with festival season quickly approaching.

Twin Atlantic have released two new songs the past two months. I've put them on this playlist though as they've only just been available on Spotify. I think the songs are another step forward for the band and the songs provide a really fresh and exciting approach. It should be cool to hear these new songs live soon.

letlive. and Blitz Kids made this month's playlist after watching them again at Slam Dunk festival. Despite not being able to see anything during letlive., their energy was still shown through even just hearing their songs. The Dope Beat is probably one of my favourites on this album of theirs and I especially like their rendition with Dan 'Soupy' Campbell from The Wonder Years too. Blitz Kids, on the other hand, blew me away at Slam Dunk and after relistening their album The Good Youth, I remebered how much I really liked them.

The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani is such a huge throwback for me. I used to listen to this song all the time and unshamefully still remember all the words. After she was announced to be one of the judges for the next season of The Voice US, I couldn't help but add this song to the list.

Here's the playlist,

Hope you enjoy! What have been your music favourites in the past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment