20 December 2013

kighmas 2013



Kids In Glass Houses have hosted their annual Christmas show since 2009 and I have made this a Christmas tradition of mine to, without fail, attend every year. 2013 was no exception. In fact, similar to last year, this year's KIGH antics involved TWO shows with one playing recently released album, Peace and the second playing sophomore album, Dirt, both albums in their entirety and including what they call 'the hits' on the setlist.




The 17th saw the first of the two shows where free foam fingers were handed out (because that's all that matters really). Being the first band on the bill and playing their first live gig, En Garde blew me away. Newport's own pop punk heroes, Save Your Breath were also brilliant and hearing their new stuff live has truly rekindled my love for them. Kids In Glass Houses as usual were on top form and although not a sold out show, the energy created in the venue could easily be mistaken for a full house. 

The 18th was a particularly special show for me as it marked my 30th time seeing Kids In Glass Houses (please note, this is over the course of five years). This time I went with my best friend Liv (check out her lovely blog!) and caught up with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. We unfortunately missed the majority of En Garde but Save Your Breath were even better than before. Admittedly, I prefer the KIGH's Peace album to Dirt but the gig was just as good, if not better, than the show the night before. It was nice hearing songs from the album that I have not heard before/in a long time.

The lighting wasn't great but here are the best photos that I was able to take and edit;


Here's my outfit for the second night (no pictures for the first night), I went for a very casual look with my outfit and make up.
H&M Necklace


If you haven't heard of any of these bands then I desperately urge you to check them out! 
Kids In Glass Houses
 Save Your Breath
En Garde 

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment